Ruby on Rails Full-Stack Developer
Pixelmatters is a digital product Design and Development company. Our mission is to make people's life easier, everywhere, everyday. We cultivate a design-driven culture, focused on solving problems and creating solutions. We are a group of unique individuals with the magic ability to improve existing things and to turn ideas into something that you can see, touch and feel.
We're looking for you, a Full-Stack Developer with Ruby and RoR knowledge and autonomy to develop a product from conception to delivery. A team player who likes to work in a fast-paced environment and has no problem dealing with pressure. You can work closely with Clients, Managers, Designers and other Developers. You have the ambition to work on innovative and inspiring projects.
You believe in your skills and your perspective about the technology world, so you are ready to share your talent with our team. On top of everything, you are someone with pride and passion for what you do.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails, or similar
- Knowledge of database modelling and administration (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB and/or Redis)
- Ability to design and implement APIs (RESTful and GraphQL) and to integrate third parties
- Proficiency with at least one modern web framework (Angular, React and/or Vue.js)
- Familiar with version control systems such as Git
- Mentorship skills to support colleagues about development best practices by doing thoughtful code reviews and pair-programming
- Good understanding of English (written and spoken)
It would be awesome if you also have...
- Ability to design and implement applications' architectures in a cloud infrastructure service
- Basic understanding of CI/CD concepts and tools
- Understanding of storage and caching systems
- Knowledge of tasks automation with Webpack
- Ability to build and run Docker containers
- Proficiency with unit testing
- Quality-driven, inspiring and collaborative work environment
- Work from Home days available
- Competitive salary and benefits, including health insurance
- Work at Aliados, heart of Porto's downtown