Pixelmatters is a digital product Design and Development company. Our mission is to make people's life easier, everywhere, everyday. We cultivate a design-driven culture, focused on solving problems and creating solutions. We are a group of unique individuals with the magic ability to improve existing things and to turn ideas into something that you can see, touch and feel.
We're looking for you, a Web Developer with an exceptional ability to translate pixels into code. You love to build beautiful applications and have the sensibility to implement great design. Above all, you know that Web Development requires understanding of multiple Web areas, such as SEO, Accessibility, Performance, Security, Monitorization, among others.
You are a team player who likes to work in a fast-paced environment and has no problem dealing with pressure. You can work closely with Clients, Managers, Designers and other Developers. You have the ambition to work on innovative and inspiring projects. You believe in your skills and your perspective about the technology world, so you are ready to share your talent with our team. On top of everything, you are someone with pride and passion for what you do.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency using CSS pre-processors (Sass and/or LESS)
- Experience with at least one Content management system (WordPress and/or Django)
- Ability to integrate third parties web services
- Understanding of cross-browser and device compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Familiar with version control systems such as Git
- Good understanding of English (written and spoken)
It would be awesome if you also have...
- Ease of use on dependency managers like npm or yarn and task automation tools as Webpack
- Ability to build and run Docker containers
- Proficiency using hosting services (WP Engine, Pantheon and/or Divio) and caching systems
- Knowledge and concerns about SEO, Accessibility, Security, Monitorization and/or Performance
- Mentorship skills to support colleagues about development best practices by doing thoughtful code reviews and pair-programming
- Quality-driven, inspiring and collaborative work environment
- Work from Home days available
- Competitive salary and benefits, including health insurance
- Work at Aliados, heart of Porto's downtown